Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Do you even know how to spell my name?


Something that really peeves me is when someone spells my name incorrectly.  Sound trivial? Maybe so.  Considering my name is my email address, one would think the salutation that takes place a nanosecond later would contain the correct spelling of said name.  Inevitably though, people are in a hurry and carelessly typo away.  The former Marine comes out of me about this time and wonders how hard is it really to spell someones name correctly? We call this "Attention to Detail".  As a business-owner and passionate deliverer of exceptional customer service, I make SURE I at least care enough to spell the persons name in which I'm communicating with correctly! Maybe you don't feel the same but the way I look at it is if I am communicating with you, there's a good chance you're giving me money or I'm giving it to you.  Both of which warrant me giving you the basic courtesy of a spellcheck of your given name! I mean really, if you don't care enough to get someones name right, why would one believe you would care about the more significant stuff??

No comments:

Post a Comment